The effects of black mold
Black mold is a species of fungi that belongs to the genus Stachybotrys. Scientifically, it is known as Stachybotrys chartarum, or alternans or atra. Although it is one of the smaller types of mold, its spores or reproductive cells produce poisonous substances. These spores are emitted by adult molds into the air. Once there, the people and animals living in the house can easily inhale them. In such cases, depending on the volume of spores that is inhaled and the number of times the spores are breathed in, the bad effects on health may range from dizziness to hemorrhaging in the lungs. In many instances, bleeding in the lungs is a morbid condition that leads to death. The chances of that happening are determined by the physical constitution and the age of the person. Needless to say, for young children the effects of inhalation are usually the most severe.
Detecting black mold
The presence of black mold can not be easily detected owing to the fact that these organisms will create their colonies in secluded areas of the house that have sufficient moisture. These will be those portions of the structure that are walled in. For instance, the inner side of wooden panels of walls is among the spots where it is likely to develop. Likewise, sections of the house that are directly behind wash areas or sinks can contain enormous numbers of mold colonies undetected. Unless you have your house checked periodically by mold exterminators, you will have to rely on certain signs to warn you about an infestation in your house.
The mildest manifestations of black mold poisoning are conditions of chronic fatigue. If your children suddenly seem listless and easily exhausted, a mold problem may be the cause of that. Likewise, the recurrence of headaches for no apparent reason may indicate the same condition. If your family members suddenly develop skin rashes accompanied by chronic, mild fevers or are having frequent coughing fits or dizzy spells while in the house, you should consult with mold exterminators.
The importance of professional help
Mold experts will be able to confirm if the ailments which have suddenly attacked your family members are possibly induced by mold infestation or not. Although not doctors themselves, they will have had sufficient experience in dealing with mold infestations to be reliable enough. They will also be able to tell if you do have toxic mold species in your house. This process of identification is carried out by means of mold testing kits. You may purchase such kits on the internet. However, your problem will be how to use the kit correctly. They are not only slightly complicated to use, but the results you get from the tests will depend on the accuracy and skill with which you use the kit
Once black molds gain access to a house, they will be very difficult to exterminate. The reason behind that is the ability of mold spores to enclose themselves in tough, protective coats and hibernate there until conditions are good again for them to germinate. It is this ability of theirs that allows them to endure the cold winter months.
Controlling black mold in your house is essentially arresting the growth of the fungi. This is done most effectively by conducting regular inspections of the inaccessible areas in your house and removing whatever molds are found there. Since you should expect mold to grow again in the same place, inspection and cleaning have to be done regularly.
If you’re interested in learning more about Black Mold Removal, please feel free to visit our website at http://www.yourblackmoldguide.com